Skip to main content

Vintage Tag Card

It's Thursday already... And I am thankful and hopeful of what is yet to come. I am believing that everything will be alright. I just feel the need to pray and be thankful today. 

I have a lovely vintage card to share with you. Here it is:

























Materials
Sweet 'n Sassy stamps - Vintage Postcard

Penny Black stamps - Flower Gallery
Docrafts Papermania stamps - Happy Days (Ticket Stubs)
Prima Marketing stamps - Mini Background Polka Dot
Hero Arts Cleardesign Block - Large Letter
Brilliance pigment ink - Tiramisu
Colorbox pigment ink - Pink
Ranger:- Embossing ink
- Distress ink in Old Paper, Spun Sugar, Vintage Photo
- Blending tool
Inkadinkado embossing powder - Glam Gold, Copper, Pearlescent
Spectrum Noir markers - PP5, PP3
Shery K. Designs paper: 
- Antoinnette (vintage handwriting)
- Alia
Merletto crystals
Bazic two sided tape & mounting tape
Other generic materials:
Specialty metallic cardstock in pink

Linen cardstock in white
Textured cardstock in pale pink
1" gross grain ribbon in sand
Ivory fused string pearl beads


The main decoration on this card is actually the tag that I made from scratch. It measures 5.5" x 3". I stamped background images with pigment ink in pearlescent beige and pink, and when I distressed the tag, those images blurred a bit adding more to that vintage look. The flowers where heat embossed and then colored with Spectrum Noir markers. The post card and ticket stamps were also heat embossed, because I wanted it to stand out. The lovely vintage ticket stamp was actually part of a very large 6" x 6" background stamp, that I cut as a single. And to finish this tag I punched a heart instead of the regular eyelet and embellished it with fused string pearl beads and crystals.

The base of this card consists of two half layers, patterned paper on one side and metallic paper on the other. I distressed both their edges manually. Finally, I couldn't resist adding ribbon to completely finish the aged look. 

I absolutely love vintage cards. I hope you like it as much as I do. Have a good weekend and stay creative.


 This card is participating in:

Craft Hoarders Anonymous

Tag it 
 Mod Squad

Aged / Distressed 
Rhedd & Rosie's









Comments

  1. Lovely tag, thanks for playing again with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie,
    The tag is so elegant, you did a great job. I love the pearl accent you added, it reminds me of the flapper era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the heart you used for the hole punch! :) Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft vintage colors and the pearl tag topper! Thanks so much for playing along in Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge #3: Vintage/Retro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tags and yours is gorgeous! Love all the sparkle and shine! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Word! That is one gorgeous creation! Loving that the card IS the tag, very clever of you! I get such a Shabby Chic Vintage Vibe from this. So many wonderful accents to look at, your embossed and colored flowers are so pretty, love the warm colors you have used, the little heart punched hole and the string of pearls, the sparkle and shine on your ticket. Wow everything is just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with the Challenge I am hosting for the Mod Squad Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gracie, what a beautiful vintage tag, I love all the detail you have put into it! Thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Love the vintage look with all the shimmer.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SIMPLY LOVELY GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!!!:) AND CREATIVELY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) TOTALLY FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work..love the colors!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Graciellie, this is GORGEOUS! Your work is exquisite!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful tag! I love the flowers so much! All the details are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is beautiful, love the colours so soft, thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Graciellie. Love the heat embossing and the pearl used instead of twine... very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your gorgeous tag! It's so rich and beautiful! Thank you for stopping by and entered the V. V. Challenge blog! Your kind comment made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so very beautiful and elegant! Love the subtle shimmer and the pinks! Lovely work! Thanks for joining us and sharing your stash at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooo gorgeous! LOVE it! Love the use of the beads for the ribbon of the tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your stamping work is stunning! Wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable tag card! Love the vintage look it has! Very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! Thanks for your comments on my Verve cards today :) To answer your questions, no, you don't need to use Verve stamps but if you have them, we'd love to see them. Second, the winner is chosen randomly. I hope you'll join in the fun! Thanks for stopping by our blog! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi again! Oops, I just checked again and you need to use at least one Verve product and some kind of polka dots for this challenge. Sorry about that! I hope you can still play!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha