Skip to main content

-Glittered Vellum Poinsettias-
Encouragement Cards for the Holidays & the New Year

The new year is upon us and I thought I'd share an inspirational card with you. I decided to use an encouragement sentiment instead of the usual "happy new year" message on today's card. (I think this could also be great for the Holidays in general.)

White and gold continue to be my favorite colors of the season, but this time I also added golden brown!




I love Spellbinders dies and the way you can coordinate different sets to layer a card! Here I used around 5 different die sets to layer the background, but the dies coordinate so well together they look like they belong to the same set!

Matte gold paper, golden brown, sand beige and off white cardstock... I love how the color combo ended up looking! The gold glittered poinsettias were stamped and heat embossed on 50 pound weight vellum and cut using coordinating dies. I love this glitter embossing powder and I know I will be getting it in silver in the future (love the sparkle)!

The encouraging sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays, it has a fabulous font that goes nicely with the card design. To finish off my card I added pearls, rhinestones, crinkle ribbon and some deco foil branches.

Here's another card and tutorial 
using a different technique on glittered vellum 
that you might want to check out! 

I hope you have a fun New Year's Eve surrounded by family and friends! Remember to mark your calendars and stop by the blog on January 1st. for an exciting giveaway (over $200 in prizes)! Thanks for stopping by!

Sharing with: Card Mania - Christmas, Mod Squad Challenge - AG, Craft-Dee Bowz - AG, Paper Girls - Celebrate, 2 Creative Chicks - AG, Word Art Wednesday - AG, Glitter 'n Sparkle - Glittery Sparkly Christmas, That's Crafty - Season's Greetings, SSS Wednesday - Make it Sparkle / Let's Craft & Create - Christmas


Comments

  1. Quite a lovely creation! Great layering of your die cuts! I particularly like the long tails on your bow draped down the side of the card....nice shabby chic touch! Nice job embossing!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris
    Redora Lee Designs
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich classy card!!! Love all those pretty layers and those gold, sand beige, browns harmoniously synced with each other...Stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ADORE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Favorite Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie, your last card of the year is just amazing!! Love everything you have done to create this stunning card and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.
    Janis, DT Member
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    PDE Linky Party , Owner & DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards...they leave me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a GORGEOUS card, Gracie. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week. I love your art, and always greatly appreciate your participation in our challenges. God bless your week. I hope to have you share your wonderful art with us again soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. You're also welcome to stop by and play along with us at any time you can at CropStop. We would LOVE to have you join us!
    www.cropstop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful - it belongs in a frame. The gold is just so luxurious.
    Happy New Year and thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!!! There really are no words to describe these cards other than stunning. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Christmas Challenge:) Good luck:)
    Mira DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both the cards are so rich and classy. The golden color is stunning.

    Happy New Year Gracie.

    Hugs,
    Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is a masterpiece! I love how you used dies!
    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
    (Sorry for the late comment)
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous !
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create challenge blog and good Luck !
    MARYVONNE DT member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your vellum blooms look stunning - beautifully layered card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stunning! The colours are blended so well together. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Lets Craft & create challenge. Hope you will join us again for another challenge. Mary DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the texture and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  17. L8ike how you foiled the flowers! Will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha