Skip to main content

HIMCR #148 - Super Scraps Saturday

Hello and welcome to a new challenge post for Hiding in my Craft Room. Like every second Saturday of the month, it's time for Super Scraps Saturday! That's right, it's time to put all those scraps into good use. But this Saturday is extra special, since Laurie (blog owner and team coordinator) is celebrating her birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE! I wish you all the best and more. I'm so glad I had the chance to virtually meet her. She's the very soul of this team and she makes us all feel like superstars.


Our sponsor this week is LAURIE herself. There will be:
FOUR PRIZES! / FOUR WINNERS!

hidinginmycraftroom.com

The giveaways are a few of Laurie's favorite things:
Cricut Cartridge 
Blending set of 3 Copics
Gypsy Silicone Case
Embossing Folder

Now that you've seen what you could win, let me show you my card for today:




Materials
Spellbinders: Majestic Labels Twenty-Five, Fancy Lattice, Damask Motifs, Fancy Framed Tags Two, Bitty Blossoms, Venetian embossing folder, Grand Calibur die cutting machine
Our Daily Bread Stamps - Faith
Haj Design Paper - Vibrant Vintage
Inks: Ranger Distress ink in Worn Lipstick, Brilliance pigment ink
Inkadinkado embossing powder - Glam Gold
Zap! heat tool
Spectrum Noir markers - PP3, PP5
Adhesives: Pelikan glitter glue, Elmer's Glue-All, Stanley 14 watts glue gun, Bazic two sided tape and foam tape
Other generic materials
3/8" gross grain ribbon in cream
Vintage button
Vellum
Textured cardstock in light pink
Feuille cardstock in sand beige
Linen cardstock in white
Specialty cardstock in pearlescent pink


This is a card with many layers and elements put together in the most harmonious way possible. Different textures were added with the embossing, glitter and various kinds of papers. It feels almost like a shabby chic/vintage collage. Also, I'd like to emphasize on this great sentiment, in which I truly believe, based on Luke 16:10:

New King James Version (NKJV)
10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much...

And I can conclude that if we are faithful in small things, we'll certainly be blessed with much greater ones!

I look forward to seeing a project of yours. All you need to do is visit Hiding in my Craft Room and link up your creation. Remember there will be 4 prizes, and you could be one of the winners!

Last but not least, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. I hope you ladies enjoy a wonderful weekend surrounded by your children. A big hug to you all. Please stop by tomorrow... I'll have some freebies I designed specially for you!

Thanks for stopping by.


This card is participating in:

ODBD stamps

My Craft Spot

Rhedd & Rosie's 

(Dies, cardstocks, stamps, markers, adhesives)
Simon Says Monday Challenge

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

Ribbon, Lace & Twine, oh my!
Craft Hoarders Anonymous


What's your style?
Vintage/Shabby Chic - Ribbon
Clear it Out Challenge



Comments

  1. Gorgeous card, love the feminine colours, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie,
    What a gorgeous card you created from scraps, it is simply amazing. I love all the layering you did using so many elements. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very lovely Gracie!:) Totally perfect! Love that gold embossing! "Happy Mothers Day!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Gracie, a lovely design and pretty papers. Your vellum sentiment is wonderful and such fabulous elements!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card you have created! I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card! I love the embossing on the vellum, and all those gorgeous hand made flowers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card, I adore all of the layering and the flowers....awesome! Thanks also for sharing the scripture! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully elegant and beautiful textures too...a lovely entry for our challenge over at ...http://rheddandrosies.blogspot.co.uk/...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. Thanks for sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card has so many layers of loveliness! You used so many fabulous embellishments, especially the flowers and lattice-cut pieces. The ribbon gives it the perfect bit of dimension and I really like the hints of gold you added. The sentiment is so inspiring and it fits perfectly with the gorgeous scene you created. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful card, love all the details from the beautiful flowers to the spellbinder die you used. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card! It's been long time since I used gold embossing and colored in with my Spectrum Noirs! You've inspired me to do it again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love love it so pretty and feminine . Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous,love your colour pallet! Thanks for joining us at the Clear it out challenge blog. Check in tomorrow for our new challenge and to see if you are a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Love this soft, elegant beauty Graciellie! Beautiful design, layers and textures! Thanks for joining us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is a true beauty! So many stunning layers, each one positively glorious. The embossed sentiment is spectacular. Thank you for sharing this exquisite creation with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is drop dead gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The layers on this are to die for. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh, this is absolutely gorgeous! Such a stunning card with a beautiful sentiment - both with respect to the words themselves and the wonderful way you crafted it with heat embossing. Amazing creation!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just beautiful! Love everything about this card! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Gracie, I am finally getting to your card this week! I LOVE it! I love the beautiful colors and your embossing of this image with the soft colors and great dies! Absolutely stunning! So glad you've joined us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge once again, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, that's great! I love the layers and the golden glitters. I love the sentence :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, as always. I love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha