I have to thank everyone who's part of Dies R Us, from Dani (owner) to Darlene (DT coordinator) and all the ladies in the design team (A and B), for their warm welcome, kindness and support. You should know that this DT is amazing, and everyone in it has a gorgeous style of their own. You will travel worldwide visiting each of our blogs, since this team is international!
Our very first challenge is:
One lucky winner will receive
a $10 gift certificate to Dies R Us!
The main rule is you have to use dies on your design. The participating project can be anything from a card to a scrapbook page, an altered project and more. A winner and three favorites will be announced on May 13th. All will receive a Dies R Us badge to showcase on their blogs!
Today I have a card and a brief photo-tutorial to share with you. I wanted to create a Mother's Day card using dies in an altered way. Here it is:
Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Parisian Motifs
Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Parisian Accents
Spellbinders - Nestabilities - A2 Filigree *Shery K. Designs paper - Downtown
Flourishes stamps - Spring Bouquet
Ranger Embossing ink
Inkadinkado embossing powder in Glam Gold
Zap! heat tool
Bazic two sided tape and foam tape
Other generic materials
Papyrus cardstock in Peach
Textured cardstock in Aquamarine
Eggshell cardstock in white
1" saten ribbon in peach
* Please notice that the dies I used are listed and linked to Dies R Us, so just click to visit the store and purchase them if you like. If a die is unavailable you can click on 'add me to the wait list' and they will contact you once it's back in stock.
As you can see the dies were folded and overlapped to create a 3D medallion. Below I'll show you how the original dies look like and how to modify them:
3. Once you fold it as shown you will have 4 fan shaped elements. Attach them together to form the final medallion. I used a square piece of two sided tape to put them in place.
4. For the center of the medallion die cut and emboss two round labels from the Parisian Accents set and attach them one over the other as shown.
To put the card together I started off by die cutting the A2 filigree from patterned paper for the background. Before attaching it I wrapped a piece of ribbon vertically to it. And though it seems like I wrapped ribbon horizontally too, those are actually the bow's tails. If you'd like to see how I made this bow, click here for a brief video tutorial. I heat embossed a sentiment in gold and finished my design with some crystals.
I hope you can join our challenge. Feel free to invite some friends to play along too! Just visit Dies R Us Challenge Blog and link your project.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time.
This card is participating in
Simon Wednesday Challenge
Cuttin and Stampin