Skip to main content

Nostalgic Bird Cage

Hi! Welcome to my post for this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such: Home is where the Heart is. This challenge brought me lots of memories while I tried to think of something that reminded me of home... And I remembered my mom's parrots, which were kept in large cages on her back porch. They knew our names, they sang, and even fought for our attention. Those sweet birds were given to a new family a while ago and all we were left with were the memories. 


Also, when I think of the word home, a song instantly comes to my mind, a song by Gabrielle Aplin. In any case, the feeling is nostalgic, because things change so fast and it's no secret that I sometimes long for the old times at home.

And my last inspiration source was a photo from The Card Concept. The colors and textures were just so tempting.


For today's card I used Spellbinders dies. I used Bird Cage Two to die cut on Riccio Astrosilver Embossed Metallic and emboss on sand beige feuille cardstock. I mounted the die cut on the beige embossed piece. I die cut the cute Impression Obsession Birds Set four times from soft blue metallic cardstock and made two decoupage birds, with four layers.


I handmade lots of flowers with Bitty Blossoms, Rose Creations and Carnation creations. I also die cut a few leaves. All of these were made from leather textured, metallic and linen cardstocks. I adhered them around the bird cage forming a bouquet. I decorated the bouquet with two Fantastic Flourish Three die cuts and a bow made with Delicate pink trim.

I heat embossed a sentiment in white, on Heavyweight Vellum. This stamp is from Stampendous' Spanish Greetings set, which translates to Forever in English.


I added Baby Pearls - LeCreme and Baby Rhinestones - Silver, large pearl stickers, 2" white lace, a white feather and a little wood pin to finish the design. If you look closely you'll notice I roughly painted the flowers, the cage and the pin with metallic silver acrylic paint.

All was mounted on a Majestic Labels Twenty Five frame and label die cut from soft blue metallic cardstock. I used off white leather textured cardstock for my cardbase.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I created! If you'd like to purchase the supplies I used to make this card please visit CCNS' store

Please join us this week at Classy Cards 'n Such. As always there will be a special prize from the store for the classiest cardmaker!

Thanks for your visit!



This card is participating in:
Stamps & Die Cuts - Stamplorations Blog

Anything Goes - Stamping Sensations
Die cuts and Flowers - Natalie and Amy's Challenge
August Inspiration Challenge - Paper Sweeties
Shabby Chic - We Do Doobadoo

Comments

  1. Oh My Goodness! SO so so beautiful!! It is super gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning arrangement of flowers, colours, layers and romance all on one card. Just fantastic.
    Sarah
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. It's so great to know how much you liked my card. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Gracie, this is beautiful. I love the birdcage with all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty! You do such beautiful work.
    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all those flowers! So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...shabby/chic to the max! Beautiful flowers, the elegant bird cage and all the sparkly bling...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks so much Cathy! What a nice comment. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. So gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing this shabby beauty with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning creation Gracie and lovely colour palette.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, but I love all the thought you put into this amazing creation!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, thanks so much for your comment and for picking my card as favorite at The Card Concept. I apppreciate it greatly!

      Delete
  10. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card, Gracie! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, Gracie! Really spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally stunning, girl! LOVE those shabby flowers! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous creation! Love the bird cage, birds, and all those fabulous flowers! Thanks so much for joining us this month for the Paper Sweeties Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracie, this is just so beautiful, your creations are totally amazing!! What a treat to see!!
    Hugs, Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb work Gracie. Such delicate balance and exquisite beauty. .. well done! Shaz in Oz
    C

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Love the delicate colours and those gorgeous flowers! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This card is breathtaking! I loooooove the flowers, birds, cage, EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Samra! It's nice to know you liked my card this much! Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Beautiful inspired card - love those flowers - Thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha