Skip to main content

Floral Tea Box - Craft Hoarders Anonymous GDT

Hello and welcome to my second post as Guest Designer for Gloria Stengel's Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge blog! As you may know by now I've been invited to join their amazing and talented team for the month of August. I've been having lots of fun making my projects and now is time to share my second creation inspired by the current challenge: "Button it Up!".

Crafters of every stripe are button hoarders! Buttons are pretty, inexpensive, and extremely versatile. If you are a card maker, quilter, layout artist, or anything in between, you probably have a button hoard! Buttons come in many sizes, styles, shapes, and colors, plus they are easy to store...usually in cute containers! Pull out those bins of buttons and use some of them for your challenge project!


If you saw my first project for Craft Hoarders posted a couple of weeks ago, you know that I hoard vintage buttons (here). That project itself was made to contain those buttons so I could keep them handy! So, yes, I totally identify! 

Today's project showcases my vintage buttons very nicely, as part of a handmade floral bouquet. Please take a look at my floral tea box.


To make this adorable tea box I used my latest release in collaboration with Ewe-N-Me Printables: Gift Box and Tea Envelopes - Vintage Roses, that matches my latest paper pack release: Keys & Roses.


To decorate my box, I made a bunch of handmade flowers and a few leaves from leather textured cardstock, which I sponged with Distress Ink in Peeled Paint and Broken China, Color Box Chalk Ink in Yellow Citrus and Color Box Pigment Ink Frost White. I used Spellbinders Rose Creations, Carnation Creations and Bitty Blosssoms to die cut them. I added the flowers forming a falling bouquet. I decorated it with crystals, buttons and pearls. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing my tea box today and that you feel inspired to join the challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. 

A special thank you note:
Gloria thanks so much for this incredible opportunity! It's no secret that Craft Hoarders Anonymous has inspired me plenty... I've grown as a crafter by playing along with the challenges and by seeing all what you and your talented girls create. Thanks!

Giveaway Alert!
If you'd like to win this Gift Box and Tea Envelopes - Vintage Roses set, stop by my blog tomorrow!

Thank you so much for your visit!


This card is participating in:
Bags and Boxes - My Craft Spot

August Challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit 
Anything Goes - Altered Eclectics
August Inspiration Challenge - Paper Sweeties
  

Comments

  1. Fantastic project Gracie! I love all the soft colours and your flowers are gorgeous! The vintage buttons really add character! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Gracie...... Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so swoon worthy! I love the soft colors and the FLOWERS! Oh my! As you know I love buttons! ;) I want to thank you from the bottom of my crafty heart for being a guest DT this month! I love your work! Keep on crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my shabby goodness ... this tea gift set box is simply gorgeous!! I love the soft color palette and all those lovely flowers! Thanks for sharing with us this month at Paper Sweeties :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project I love the shabby feel to it, the colours and flowers are stunning.

    Thank you for coming over and joining in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear this is AMAZING I never made something like this...do you made the flower by your self..woooww...I love it all I want join your blog candy too maybe I win this...this is soo sweet adorable and pretty..all in one I LOVE this Gracie...if you see my Blog my style is Clear and Simple why...cause I have two little boys and my time is limited also CAS card is my style it is easy and fast to make and I always amaze looking people make shaby or vintage creation hope we can be friend and visiting each other more often...big hugs from me in Germany, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea box is gorgeous! Your inking looks fabulous and the flowers are so beautiful!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning project! The papers and flowers are beautiful beyond words and I love those buttons! Every detail is stunning, including the soft color palette. Thank you for sharing your lovely box with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your box is so beautiful! Love all those gorgeous flowers and pretty papers! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I LOVE this box and the tea envelopes that you designed, Gracie. Beautiful flowers and buttons, they make perfect flower centers.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is oh so pretty, friend! LOVE all those gorgeous shabby flowers--and what a great way to cover a gift! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty box! so feminine and lovely! Many thanks for joining the Rosie’s Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful work - TFS with us over at Altered Eclectics this month. Hugz xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha