Thermoweb | Decofoil Transfer Sheets in Gold and Silver, Decofoil Adhesive Pen
Minc Mini machine (or a Foil Laminator)*
3M Spray Adhesive (also suggest Decofoil Fusible Spray Adhesive)
Digital Stamps | Graciellie Design Thoughtful Greetings set
Dies | Spellbinders: Arched Elegance Pocket, A2 Matting Basics
Coloring | Spectrum Noir Markers: CG1, CG2, FS3, TN2, GB8
Miscelaneous | Papers: Vintage handwriting patterned paper, White and Black cardstock / Tools: Printer, scissors, paper trimmer / Embellishments: Crinkle ribbon, silver heart button, gauze
*Not strictly necessary.
To achieve the foil distressed effect You will need these basic supplies (detailed on the supply list above). I'm using spray adhesive and an adhesive pen today but I have tried a different distressed foiling technique before with another adhesive (see tutorial here).
1. Protect your work surface and spray a piece of patterned cardstock with the spray adhesive. To create different splatters try out spraying the paper from different distances. The further you spray the smaller the splatters will be. For bigger splashes spray closer to the paper.
2. Once sprayed place a Decofoil transfer sheet right on top the paper and run it through a Minc machine or laminator at the lowest setting (in this case 1). This step isn't strictly necessary. If you do not own any of these machines all you need to do is wait between 15 to 30 seconds once the adhesive is applied until it gets a bit tacky and then transfer the foil, burnishing softly with the help of your fingers. (Since the result we're looking for is distressed it really won't matter if the foil doesn't transfer perfectly to the paper.)
3. Remove the foil to reveal your first layer of foil distressing. You can always add more splatters if you wish.
4. Use the adhesive pen to draw random splatters around the edges and even larger dots.
5. Then cover the paper with a gold Decofoil transfer sheet and run through a Minc machine or laminator. (Again you can skip this step if you wait until the glue gets tacky.)
6. Peel the transfer sheet to reveal the second layer of distressed foiling in gold.
I hope you enjoyed today's post. If you found this tutorial useful please let me know in the comments. I will be back soon with a second technique using Decofoil, so stay tuned!
For more details on these new digital stamps visit my SHOP:
Thanks for stopping by. Remember to subscribe to my newsletter so you don't miss any new tutorial, product feature or giveaway!
The Card Concept - Anniversary Inspiration / The Paper Girls - Mixed Media / The Mod Squad Challenge - What's in your background / SSS Challenge - Happy Birthday / Dies R Us Challenge - Add Scallops / Double D Challenges - Yellow / Scrapyland Challenge - AG / Crafting for all Seasons - Use die cuts / House of Cards - Add Script / Word Art Wednesday - AG