May Arts Ribbon - 1 inch Gold Faux Suede Leaves, STRING/BURLAP – IRIDESCENT WHITE, 1.5 inch White Lace with Ivory Satin Center Ribbon, 3/4 inch Ivory Lace with Pearl Center Ribbon, 3/8 Inch Multi-Size Beaded String – Ivory, 1 Inch SOLID/WRINKLED – IVORY, 5 inch Ivory Tulle
Die Cuts - Spellbinders: Layered Poinsettia / Prima: Forest Leaves
Stamps - Justrite: Festive Poinsettia
Embellishments - Eyelet Outlet: 12mm sticker jewels in white, gold and flower / Twinklets Diamond Dust / Bead Landing word beads / Miscelaneous: Vintage buttons, large pearl stickers, rhinestone stickers, Christmas tree mesh
Adhesives - 3M spray adhesive / UHU all purpose adhesive / hot glue
Tools: Evolution Advanced die cutting machine, American Crafts heat tool, Stanley mini glue gun, SU Simply Scored Stylus, Stamping block
Other - Therm O Web: Amber Watercolor decofoil, Gold decofoil / Cottonwood Arts
To create this piece I started off by putting together the multi layered poinsettias. Click below to learn how I made them.
1. Use spray adhesive to attach gold Christmas tree mesh. (I used a delicate fishnet mesh.)
2. Add several pieces of lace and ribbon to one side of the canvas. (I attached pearl center lace on top of gold satin ribbon.)
3. Make a triple bow from white crinkle ribbon, layer it with iridiscent and pearl beaded string.
4. Gather together tulle ribbon and attach it underneath the white bow.
5. Add the poinsettias on top of the bow.
6. Embellish the tulle with jewels, rhinestones and buttons.
7. Die cut leaves in white cardstock, adding Diamond Dust or any kind of snow glitter and adhere them around the flowers.
8. Die cut more leaves and foil them with decofoil. (I used a multi colored foil.) Adhere the foiled leaves around the flowers.
9. Add a sentiment. (I used a bead word.)
I hope you are inspired to create your own DIY decor pieces this Christmas using craft supplies you already own! This piece is now sitting on one of my book shelves and it goes along perfectly with the rest of our Christmas decor.
For even more inspiration check out our
Most pinned Christmas card of the year...(click here)
I also invite you to stop by our Etsy shop and check out our NEW Christmas Collection Stamps and Papers! They are available for instant download and just perfect for those last minute cards and tags!
Click here to shop.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Wish you a wonderful and creative holiday season! Until next time.
Sharing with the following challenges: Frilly & Funky - Home for the Holidays / House of Cards - December challenge & DT call / The Mixed Media Challenge - Merry & Bright / Pearly Sparkles - Merry Christmas / As you like it Challenge - Favorite Gold or Silver / Moving Along with the Times - AG Christmas / Word Art Wednesday - AG / Crimbo Crackers - Non-traditional Christmas / Retarte - AG