Skip to main content

Envelope Card - Cardabilities #100

Hello! I'm so glad to be back with a new card for Cardabilities. We have a wonderful new sketch for you, and projects featuring digital stamps courtesy of our sponsor: Pickled Potpourri.

Pickled Potpourri Designs

As always five designers will be chosen to feature on Cardabilities, and as a bonus our sponsor will be giving away a $7 gift certificate to one lucky winner.

I had the opportunity to use one of Pickled Potpourri's lovely sets: Small Things, which is a customizable floral set. I was able to incorporate the images to my design, inspired on Karan's amazing sketch.







Materials
Spellbinders: Delicate Doilies, A2 Scalloped Borders One, French Frills, Grand Calibur die cutting machine.
Pickled Potpourri - Small Things
Graciellie Design Paper - Tea Rose
Ranger: Distress ink in Worn Lipstick, blending tool
Spectrum Noir marker - PP3
Merletto pearls and crystals
Canon MG2220 printer
Adhesives: Bazic two sided tape and foam tape, Elmer's glue-all, UHU glue stick.
Other generic materials
7/8" gross grain ribbon in pink
Linen cardstock in white
Textured cardstock in sand beige and soft pink

I started off my card by cutting the envelope card base. Once done, I layered it inside and out with patterned paper from a set I designed and pink cardstock. To embellish the front of the card, I added lace to the background, followed by a die cut doily and a die cut border, plus some ribbon. Finally I added a cute flower pot from the digital set Small Things and a little doily bow.

To match the images with my design, I edited their color to pink and hand cut them. Each of the flowers was added individually to create a bouquet. The pot was printed on patterned paper. The sentiment was heat embossed on vellum, and I did this with my printer (no embossing ink needed).

Inside, I added a second sentiment framed with a label die and a pocket to place a gift card and more. The die cut borders are an important element to this card. To finish my card I added crystals and pearls and in order to close it, I wrapped ribbon to it.

I hope you are inspired by this sketch as much as we all were in the design team. To join our challenge all you need to do is visit Cardabilities, follow the rules and link up your project. There you will also have a chance to see what my teammates have created.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

This card is participating in:
Anything Goes - Docerela Stamps

Flowers in Pots - Digi Haven
Shabby Chic/Vintage - In the Pink


Comments

  1. Gorgeous use of the sketch in those lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the layers and distressing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you made! That envelope base is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love the colors and textures Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOrgeous! I LOve your textures, colours and such pretty flowers and ribbon..Thank you soooo much for joining us at Digi Haven.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card love the use of those gorgeous dies..

    Thanks for sharing with us at ITP chall this time.

    smiles Christine C x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Season's Givings Blog Hop + Blog Anniversary = Over $150 in prizes!

 GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Please check winners' list on the top "free content" tab HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope each of you feel blessed like I do today. I thank God for giving me the chance to begin a new year surrounded by my beautiful family, and I also thank him for this blog that has become a window through which I can share, give and receive every single day! I am thankful for each of you, for your words of encouragement and love! And since I am so very thankful, today I have one massive blog candy, like I have never given away before! This month is so relevant to me, since it's my blog's anniversary! I decided to combine the AMAZING Season's Givings Blog Hop with the anniversary, because this blog hop influenced me in great part to open my blog. I think it was the final dose of inspiration I needed to finally jump into what was a so very new experience to me! I rejoice when I think about all the blessings I've received thanks to this blog hop and my ...

Season's Givings Blog Hop & Blog Anniversary
Over $200 in prizes!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! A new year is the promise to all of what you've been wishing for or to just continue to enjoy the simple pleasures in life that make all of our effort and hard work be worthwhile. I wish you all the best as this new year begins! Open your heart to all the possibilities and have faith... Endure and you will succeed! Today I have 2 awesome reasons to celebrate! First, I'm excited to be joining the Season's Givings Blog Hop! And also, this month I celebrate my blog anniversary! So I decided to fuse both giveaways and create a massive blog candy with the help of some wonderful friends in the industry! One lucky winner will receive a heavenly collection of crafty goodies! International followers are welcome to participate! Here is what YOU could win: My complete stamp collection (a total of 13 stamp kits!) kindly sponsored by Unity Stamp Co. A Memory Box or Poppystamps die  of your choice from  StarlitStudio ! A $20 gift certificate...