Skip to main content

DIY Foil Stamped Flowers on Vellum - Elegant Monochromatic Card + Tips & Tricks

I love using transparencies on cards. I usually use vellum because of how delicate it looks. So I decided to use one of Sweet 'n Sassy's latests flower stamp from a set I designed -Floral Greetings- in a non-traditional way. You will see me using a couple of stunning papers today from Paper Temptress too!


I used a quick and easy DIY technique to foil the flowers on heavyweight #48 vellum to create these stamped embellishments. First, I stamped the flowers using pigment ink (which works just as well as any embossing ink), and I then heat embossed the images in gold. But because I wanted to create a metal on metal effect I went ahead and foiled the flowers in silver. All I did was cover the images with a piece of Deco Foil Silver Foil transfer sheet and ran them through a laminator making sure to wrap the stamped vellum within at least 2 copy paper sheets folded in half, to avoid the embossing powder from melting completely. This trick will allow you to get a distressed foil effect that lets some of the embossed areas to show. In the end, you get a beautiful silver on gold metallic finish.


I fussy cut the flowers and used them to frame the wonderful verse from Peaceful Peonies. I layered a few die cuts and used a beautiful black shimmery two toned cardstock called Nero Incandescent to go along with the metallic tones on the images. (This is one of the most beautiful papers I've worked with.) I added a few touches of beige here and there to make the sentiment pop and tie all the monochromatic layers together. I love the result, but I'm sure this card wouldn't have been the same without these beautiful stamps!




For more details on these and other stamp sets from our latest releases please visit Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps shop. For more inspiration make sure to subscribe to the blog so you never miss our design team's projects. (There is so much inspiration here!)

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Comments

  1. Es un trabajo muy bonito , los detalles metálicos le dan un un encanto especial a la tarjeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Increible el efecto de la tarjeta y el volumen que conseguiste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is beautiful.. never thought we can run the embossed image with foil through the machine. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how stunning. It is so elegant and beautiful. You are one talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cards are always inspiring gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no denying the fact that handmade cards still give the receiver a pleasant surprise. The soft toned colors used by the designer are very attractive and appealing. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha