Skip to main content

Negative Watercoloring & Splattered Foil - Video Tutorial, Blog Hop + Winners!

When I think I can't stretch my craft and art supplies any further, I find myself playing and creating fun new things I had not thought of before! Today I'm sharing a mini video tutorial with quick tips on how to create this negative watercolored background with yummy, detailed splattered foil! 





Supplies used:
Amazing Things Rubber Stamp Set
Acrylic Stamping Block
Passionate Pink Premium Dye Ink
Cryogen White Cardstock
Marie's Watercolors in Rose and Gamboge
Medium and Fine tip Water Brushes
Deco Foil Adhesive Pen
Wild Dandelion Deco Foil
Laminator
Westcott 12" Titanium Bonded Paper Trimmer

This card might as well be one of my favorites... I just enjoy painting backgrounds so much and I love the negative watercoloring using these two colors! Such an inspirational stamp set surely needs a colorful canvas to complete its sentiments!

I'm not sure how the foil splatter came about... This watercolored background was very instinctive and it was such a natural process for me. I usually like to splatter watercolor to add an organic touch to my watercolor washes so I guess somehow I thought splattering foil would work -and it did. I love how that yellow foil matches the Gamboge Yellow on the background and at the same time breaks the monotony of what would have been a simple watercolor wash adding texture and glimmer!




If you love this kit you might as well want to check out the entire new rubber stamp collection by Graciellie Design for Unity Stamp Company. Today's stamp set is called Amazing Things, and it's one of my favorites! There so many different styles of stamps in this release, from cute to vintage, for Fall and Christmas, and there are lots of florals in it (which is just the way I like it)! Find them all HERE.

More Inspiration
We have more project ideas to share, meaning the design team and I. They have prepared wonderful blog posts and short tutorials that you might enjoy!


Winners
Thanks to everyone who joined our giveaways this month, from our new release blog hop to our World Cardmaking Day Celebration on social media. The winners of a 3 pack of new Unity Stamp Company kits by Graciellie Design are: Purple Princess, Joyce Erb and Teresa Godines. Congratulations! Please send me a message through this blog's contact form with your info so Unity can send your prize!

More Giveaways
To those who are new to my YouTube channel, I will be giving away a special gift one of our new subscribers who not just subscribe, but also like, comment and share this new tutorial starting today up until the end of October! (Make sure to do that under today's video.) I will be announcing the winner during our very special November new release blog hop! Stay tuned.

New Bundle Sale
Get our new Magical Collection for only $9. This bundle will be available for a very limited time so make sure to get it soon!


That's all for now. Hope you have a creative week! Remember to tag us on social media #gracielliedesign, @gracielliedesign, #digitalstamps so we see what you have created with our new and not so new stamps! You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Until next time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha