Skip to main content

Cottage Charm

Hi!

There is a challenge that always inspires me. The reason? Unknown. This site makes my inspiration flow in a way no other does. It is the Our Daily Bread blog. This week they have an inspiration challenge going on ODBDSLC187 based on this picture:

Wow, what a beautiful color palette to work with... And so many little details to pick up and transfer to a project. This is what I came up with:



In the card for today I definitely worked with every single color in the picture. I used at least 4 different layers to show them. The first layer is a vintage handwriting paper, which is my interpretation of the antique cottage decor. The second layer is the exact tone of blue that appears in various decorative elements. 

The third layer is ribbon and lace; the first one, picks up that cherry blossom pink that I love, and the second one brings that doily feeling to the card.  

 The fourth layer is a tricky one... Can you guess what I was thinking of when I did it? See those pretty details on that floral china? Yes! Also, this layer frames all the others just like that center door from the china cabinet. And it shows more tones of pink from the cherry blossoms too. 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n1hYG7dILWQ/UuBy0vwQWOI/AAAAAAAAAY4/SmFaR1VN5lw/s1600/DSCF3203web.jpg


Materials
Shery K. Designs paper - Antoinette 

Haj Design paper - Gorgeous Roses
Spellbinders:
- A2 Matting Basics A
- Butterfly Magic
- A2 Filigree Delight
- Fancy Framed Tags Two
Color Box pigment ink in pink
Ranger distress ink in Spun Sugar
Flourishes stamp - Cherry Blossoms
Merletto pearls and crystals
Other generic materials
Old white heavy weight paper
Old blue pearlescent paper
1 inch pink ribbon
2 inch one sided lace

Once again I hope this card is good enough for the challenge. Let me know if you like it.






Add-on:
This card is participating in challenges at:
Aud Sentiments

Ribbon Carousel Blog
7 Kids Challenge Blog   


Comments

  1. Oh, Graciellie! This card is absolutely stunning! I love all the beautiful elements of it and how feminine and delicate it is! I am so glad to see you once again join us for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl... I felt so kindly welcomed that I didn´t get over it and had to submit again! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see you add another creation to the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the challenge. Your project is beautiful with so many gorgeous details!! I adore the feminine touches, the dp and your elegant design!! Awesome take on the inspiration!! Thanks for joining us!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chris... I certainly don´t submit to a challenge if I´m not inspired by it... This projects I´ve done, I´ve done with the best of my motivation... So thanks to the ODBD team for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is one exquisite card! Love every single detail! Thanks for joining ODBD challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!:) LOVE ALL THE LAYERS!!!!!!!!!!! I was DRAWN IMMEDIATELY to your photo!! AND HAD TO come over & comment!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! :) HOPING YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, thank you so much for visiting me and letting me know you liked it! I´m glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Becky, I was really inspired when I did this card. I was surprised with the results. I´m really glad you liked it! I´m still looking forward to have some ODBD stamps! So yes, I wish, wish I could win them! But until then I´m just grateful to be inspired and participate...

    Thank you so much for stopping by like you always do, full of love and good thoughts for me and my work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card! Love all the layers and how you picked so many details from the inspiration photos! Thank you so much for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Alshandra... I'm glad you liked it, and most of all that you came by and said such kind words about my work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very stunning card! Thank you or joining our challenge at 7 Kids College Fund.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Anita! I´m glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha