Skip to main content

Guest Design Team - Add a Little Dazzle

I was directly invited to guest design for Add a Little Dazzle's design team and I couldn't be happier. Starting today I'll share projects featuring the beautiful metal sheets from AALD. Also, I will be creating projects for partner companies, so you won't want to miss a post! Today I am sharing my first card for the weekly Dazzling Diva challenge #42: Photo Inspiration.


I used a Golden Glimmer Metal Sheet for the decorative leaves. I cut them with a die from Cas-ual Fridays. I love how they accentuate the central oval. I was able to fold the leaves around the oval without them tearing. The metal is thin but very resistant. I used UHU all purpose adhesive to attach the leaves (that works very well with the metal sheets).


The ovals were die cut from textured cardstock with Elegant Ovals die cuts. Before attaching the ovals to my card base I added a piece of sand beige gross grain ribbon. The background paper I used is from Fancy Pants Designs and I think it goes along very nicely with the other elements on the card.


I stamped and heat embossed a Portuguese sentiment from Docerela Stamps. The sentiment translates to English as follows: "May today be a very happy day for you". (If you are wondering why in the world I'd use a Portuguese stamp on one of my cards, the answer is I am Brazilian-Honduran.)

This was the first time I tried metal sheets, and I just love all the possiblities and the many ways one can work with them. It has great qualities, the sole fact they can be die cut is amazing. In the next few weeks you'll see me do many different things with them, so stay tuned!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

PS: Make sure you check out my canvas posted also today in which I used a metal sheet die cut!


I'd like to submit my card to:
Clean & Simple - Ooh La La Creations
September Challenge - The Craft Garden
Anything Goes - Crafty Hazelnut's
Think Fall - HIMCR
Fall Colors - RRR blog
Patterned Paper - Virginia's View
Anything Goes - Scrapbook Blessings Club

Comments

  1. Beautiful card! That die with the metal just SINGS! WELCOME to the Team!! I am looking forward to your projects~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aff thanks so much! Just so good to know someone likes my card this much. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the Dazzling Diva Design Team. We are so honored to have you on board. Your work is amazing and I look forward to working together. Hugs, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the colors and the metal leaves. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card- loving the metal die cut leaves- wonderful accent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly! Love these metal sheets, they are great for accent die cuts!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! And the card is really gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Gracie! What an asset you will be to the team! This is stunning, I just love the colours and those metallic vines! Beautiful, :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, Gracie, I love the metal die cut metal is so pretty and shinny, it really draws your eyes to the beautiful sentiment, thank you for the translation. BTW, your sentiment is embossed so beautifully, fantastic card.Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation, love the way you have put your card together!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Craft Garden this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love the metal die cut! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just divine. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ooh la la creations.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Gracie! I'm sure they are going to love you. Your card, as usual, is absolutely beautiful. Love the gold accented leaves. Definately adds an element of elegance! So happy you joined in our fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
    Hugs,
    Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Gracie!!! You are going to be an AMAZING addition to their team...our loss is their gain :) This card is just STUNNING with the metallic die leaves and is PERFECT for our " Think Fall" challenge over at HIMCR. Hope to see you join us again soon!!!

    Kathy-HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Creation ~ thank you for joining in our current challenge at Scrapbook Blessings Club and best of luck with your entry.
    Cheers
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the new DT :-) Love the card. The background paper is fabulous and so are the frames! Thanks for playing along with us at SBC. Hope to see you again. Cindy -DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great card, love the gold! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Blessings Club. I hope you have a blessed day,
    Sandy
    ♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
    ♥ A Working Mom's Joy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty Gracie! I love the colors that you used!
    - Samantha
    Clear it Out DT
    HIMCR DT
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha