Skip to main content

Patterned Christmas Wishes

This week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such is focused on Christmas Wrappings. I went for a CAS, window card.


I started out by printing two digital patterned paper on Pearl White Linen. Then I cut the papers equally and then die cut a window on one of the layers, using Spellbinders Fancy Label Tags Two. I mounted the die cut layer on top of the other patterned piece using foam adhesive. Next I adhered a piece of Scor-Pal, 8 1/2" x 11" Double sided adhesive sheet to a piece of cardstock. I removed the backing and added a mix of Crystal Ice and Green Nugget glitters from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle. I adhered it to the center of the window with foam tape.

I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from Hero Arts Friends are Treasures stamp set on  Heavyweight Vellum, using Silver Detail embossing powder. I added the vellum banner across the center of the window and tucked the ends, adhering them to the back of the layers with 1/2" Scor-Tape.


Finally I attached the layers with Scor-tape to a white card base I die cut with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. I also embellished the vellum banner with three Baby Rhinestones - Silver.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my card. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

I'd like to submit my card to:
Frilly Fun - Mod Squad Challenge


Comments

  1. Gorgeous pattern and that bit of sparkle is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Bible Journaling with Pan Pastel, Deco Foil, TCW and Unity Stamp Co.

I promised I would be back with a new art journaling inspiration project today... This might as well become a habit! This time I have a page from Psalm 31 that I handdrawn and colored with PanPastel. The softness of the PanPastel goes so well with the bible pages and it so easy to blend and color with.
I knew I wanted a bold floral image on this page. I love floral illustrations and I had to try out this Magnolia here. I handdrawn the flower in pencil first inspired by a photograph online. This time I did not feel the need to prep my page because I was not going to be using any wet media on it. Then I started shading my flower starting with a 430.5 Magenta, adding highlights with 380.8 Red Oxide Tint and 100.5 Titanium White (trying not to touch the rest of the image and only blending it on the lightest spots of the flower). I also added 470.8 Violet Tint to create a little bit of shadows but since my coloring is usually whimsical it is ok if the tones shadows and highlights are so r…

Pears & Flowers Step Card

You may know by now that I try to make time to create projects for some of my favorite challenges. I particularly enjoy the challenges back at the Mod Squad Challenge. This week the host is Lee... She is a great host... Love her! She challenged us to use something with a Fruit or Harvest theme... Yes, it's a Fruitful Harvest challenge!

I really wanted to create something special for Lee, so I took my time. Here is my design:




I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and two pears in gold. The first are from Flourishes' Over the Garden Gate stamp set, and the last are from Inky Antics' Holy Spirit's Fruit.

I colored the images with alcohol markers. Next I fuzzy cut and sponged them with a little Distress Ink in Peeled Paint.

I also heat embossed a sentiment from Flourishes' Spring Bouquet stamp set. I die cut the sentiment with Spellbinders French Frills set and sponged it very lightly, also with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I embellished the label altering anoth…