Skip to main content

Steampunked Christmas Tag

Days are going by so fast and Christmas is right around the corner, so there's only a few more days left to make beautiful Christmas projects. Today I want to share a tag that I created for Sin City Stamps. To make it I used a very nice stamp set from Sin City Stamps called Steampunk'd Christmas. I honestly love how this tag turned out. I wish the photo made it justice!


To make my tag I followed these steps:

1. Stamp and heat emboss in gold the largest gear stamp on a beige cardstock tag. I stamped it twice.
2. Stamp and heat emboss in gold a post stamp on the tag too.
3. Apply Crafter's Ink in Aquamarine and Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to the tag using a sponge applicator.
4. Die cut three poinsettias in white and sponge with ink to match the tag's background.
5. Embellish the poinsettias with aquamarine pearl stickers.


6. Stamp the Christmas word sentiment to a piece of beige cardstock and cut a banner.
7. Apply inks to the banner to match the rest of the design.
8. Double mount the sentiment banner to the bottom of the tag using foam adhesive.
9. As a final touch, add jute twine around the poinsettia bouquet and a piece of gold ribbon to the tag eyelet. I roughly sponged aquamarine ink the the gold ribbon to give it a vintage look.


I want to dedicate this tag to my sister who is celebrating her birthday today! We wish you a wonderful year sister. Enjoy your day!

I hope you like my tag and tutorial! Remember that Sin City Stamps also has an inspiration blog where all the designers share their ideas and creativity. Make sure you stop by to check out their Christmas projects too!

Thank you for stopping by!

I'd like to submit my card to:
Christmas with Non-traditional colors - MilkCoffee Challenge

Christmas / Holiday Season - The Crafter's Cafe
Anything Christmas but a Card - Crafting for all Seasons
Mono Christmas - Crafty Ribbons Challenge
Frilly Christmas - Mod Squad Challenge

Comments

  1. This is beyond gorgeous! That shimmery gold against the bright blue was such a great design choice. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful! Love the steampunk theme. The blue is a nice colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is gorgeously lush with the gold and blue. Just adore those poinsettia flowers.
    Hugs DesĂ­re {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear teammie..you made soooo lovely tag this is gorgeous and I adore blue and gold on your card...really love to see your creation Gracielle...hugs Teammie at HOC, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag, love the colors. Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Christmas Projekt love the Details.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab Christmas project! I bet somebody loved it so much! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! Bianca XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha