Skip to main content

Simply Layered Spring Cards
- Enhancing Die Cuts with Jewels -

Sometimes all you need is an elegant, simply layered card. But there's always that moment when you think your design is missing something. I always find jewels, pearls and rhinestones add the perfect finishing touch to any card, even simple designs. Today's cards are the perfect example.




Main Supplies:
Stamps - Graciellie Design: Believe Digital Stamp Set / Sending Blessings Digital Stamp Set
Dies - Spellbinders: A2 Matting Basics A / A2 Valiant Honor / Elegant Ovals / Majestic Oval / Classic Ovals Small. Marianne Designs: Vintage Butterfly. ODBD: Fancy Frillitary/ Vintage Flourish Pattern / Fancy Foliage.
Embellishments - Eyelet Outlet: 12mm Jewel Bling - Clear Edge / 12mm Bling Jewels - Champagne / Bling Sheets - 100 Sheet - Multi Sizes / Jewel Multi Size Bling - 100 Count / Glitter Silver Dot Washi Tape
Paper - ODBD: Shabby Rose Collection, Heart and Soul Collection


I worked with the same layering on both cards, varying only the colors, patterned papers and sentiments. As you may notice, I used a few delicate die cuts to create a very clean layering. I find that patterned papers help to fill the "white" space on a card but it is the embellishments what finally brings everything together.

I used some stunning jewels from the Eyelet Outlet, who kindly provided a few products so I could share samples with you. Another element you might have not noticed in detail yet is the stunning glitter washi tape I cut into banners and added to each side of the central oval on both cards... It looks like sparkly foil which makes this washi an amazing alternative to foil transfers when you only need a few details here and there on a card. Love how all the embellishments look together on both cards!

Tip: I printed a couple of my new digital stamps to use on these cards. If you are wondering how I was able to print them to fit the oval die exactly, here's an easy way to do it. First use a ruler to measure the die to see how large you should print the sentiment. Then paste the digital stamp on a new Word document, right click and change the size settings. Set the size a little smaller than the previous ruler measurement and print leaving enough margin to be able to die cut the image. You should be able to get a perfect result every time! Easy, right?

I love both of these digital stamps but I have exciting news to share... Our new March release is ready! Stay tuned for a new blog hop and giveaway. I can't wait for you to see all the new stamps and inspiration projects. So don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter (on sidebar) so you don't miss the event!

Comments

  1. Those are beautiful! Thank you for using our product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning, Gracie!! The layers and designs are so fabulous!! The jewels look amazing!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! The CAS cards that are the trend now are great, but I do love layered cards like yours the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Gracie. Love the added bling - so very elegant!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful. You have the magic touch when it comes time to embellish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful
    Elma from Insta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha