Skip to main content

Part 2: Crackle Foiled Leaves with Therm O Web - Video Tutorial

It's time for a new tutorial with Therm O Web and today I have a second alternative you can use to create a crackle foiled effect for your Fall projects. This tutorial comes with a video so you can easily follow the process with me. 


I've been enjoying using Deco Foil in creative ways lately and I love the effect it gave the leaves on this project! It really looks very organic and the way all the colors shine through is just perfect for Fall.


Tutorial & Supplies
Find the complete list of supplies used to create this project on Therm O Web's blog! There you will find more close-up pictures and more inspiration from their daily project ideas. That's all for now. Until next time!
.

Comments

  1. So beautiful! I love your foiled projects so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. woowww, so beautiful. Love that effect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Gracie. I need to get some of that transfer gel.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those leaves. But I was not sure if you ran them through a laminator or not. I am assuming you allowed the gel to dry before adding the foil. They have such a beautiful design on them with the cracked look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verna, yes, I explain that on the video. With Deco Foil Transfer Gel you let it dry first and then you run it through the laminator with foil. All supplies used can be found on Therm O Web's blog post. All instructions on this technique were included on the video tutorial. If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Bible Journaling with Pan Pastel, Deco Foil, TCW and Unity Stamp Co.

I promised I would be back with a new art journaling inspiration project today... This might as well become a habit! This time I have a page from Psalm 31 that I handdrawn and colored with PanPastel. The softness of the PanPastel goes so well with the bible pages and it so easy to blend and color with.
I knew I wanted a bold floral image on this page. I love floral illustrations and I had to try out this Magnolia here. I handdrawn the flower in pencil first inspired by a photograph online. This time I did not feel the need to prep my page because I was not going to be using any wet media on it. Then I started shading my flower starting with a 430.5 Magenta, adding highlights with 380.8 Red Oxide Tint and 100.5 Titanium White (trying not to touch the rest of the image and only blending it on the lightest spots of the flower). I also added 470.8 Violet Tint to create a little bit of shadows but since my coloring is usually whimsical it is ok if the tones shadows and highlights are so r…

Pears & Flowers Step Card

You may know by now that I try to make time to create projects for some of my favorite challenges. I particularly enjoy the challenges back at the Mod Squad Challenge. This week the host is Lee... She is a great host... Love her! She challenged us to use something with a Fruit or Harvest theme... Yes, it's a Fruitful Harvest challenge!

I really wanted to create something special for Lee, so I took my time. Here is my design:




I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and two pears in gold. The first are from Flourishes' Over the Garden Gate stamp set, and the last are from Inky Antics' Holy Spirit's Fruit.

I colored the images with alcohol markers. Next I fuzzy cut and sponged them with a little Distress Ink in Peeled Paint.

I also heat embossed a sentiment from Flourishes' Spring Bouquet stamp set. I die cut the sentiment with Spellbinders French Frills set and sponged it very lightly, also with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I embellished the label altering anoth…