Skip to main content

My Craft Spot - Guest Designer

I was lucky enough to be invited to guest design for My Craft Spot for a day. My Craft Spot is a stamp store that also carries dies, SVG files and embellishments. I've been admiring their stamps sets for quite a while and now through this opportunity I

I have two cards to share with you! In both I'm using a stamp set I love from My Craft Spot store: Clock Time.

Main Supplies

Clock Time stamp set
Dies - Spellbinders Rose Creations and A2 Matting Basics A, Our Daily Bread Designs Flourished Star Pattern, Cas-ual Fridays Casual Vine, MFT Notebook Paper, Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party Doily.
Inks - Ann Butler Crafter's Inks in Berry and Sunshine, Crafter's Ink in Snow, Iridiscent Paint in Berry
Enviromental Technologies - Easy Mold Silicone Putty, EasyCast resin, Opaque Pigment in white and red

Sparkle 'n Sprinkle embossing powder in Gold Detail
Adhesives - Crafter's Tape, Tacky Glue, Bazic Foam Tape
Dreamweaver Crackle Embossing Paste
Graciellie Design digital paper
Miscelaneous

Cardstocks: Linen textured cardstock in white, leather textured cardstocks in white and green, bond paper in pink
Embellishments - Burlap ribbon, pearl and crystal stickers, tulle
Homemade stencil

I went for a shabby chic style with my first card, using lots of texture and embellishments. To make the stamped and heat embossed clock image stand out I mounted it on top of a resin frame I made from scratch, and that I colored with Iridiscent Paint in Berry. I made some pretty shabby flowers and colored them with Crafter´s inks, trying to get different tones of pink by blending Berry and Sunshine inks. Besides all the layers added I applied crackle embossing paste too. To finish the card I stamped a beautiful sentiment from the same set on a piece of cardstock I ripped and sponged with ink.


Main Supplies

Clock Time stamp set
Dies - Spellbinders A2 Tranquil Moments, Poppy Stamps Village Lamp Post and Pine Garland, Our Daily Bread Designs Gilded Gate
Distress embossing ink
Sparkle 'n Sprinkle embossing powder in Gold Detail
Colorbox glitter in Winter Frost
Adhesives - Crafter's Tape, Tacky Glue, Bazic Foam Tape, Double sided adhesive sheet
ODBD Winter Collection Paper
Miscelaneous
Leather textured cardstock in white
AALD craft metal
Crystal stickers

My second card has a classy and elegant design. I wanted to make the clock stand out by adding it to the craft metal lamp post die cut. I created a window with the help of a beautiful frame die and stamped the sentiment on the center (or almost on the center) of the card. To finish the design I adhered some intricate gate/fence die cuts and a few leaves embellished with crystals. I love how well the metallic colors go together and how much they contribute to the final classic look of this card!

I want to thank Kimberly for her invitation. I have had so much fun with this amazing stamp set, and I know I will continue to enjoy it! I invite you to come check My Craft Spot blog where you'll find a daily dose of inspiration and creative ideas.

Thank you for taking time to read and check out my cards. I hope you liked my designs and feel inspired to try out this beautiful stamp set too!

I'd like to submit my card to:
Hiding in my Craft Room - Freestyle
Poppystamps - Sparkle and Shine



Comments

  1. Beautiful cards, Gracie! I love all of the pretty details you add! Thanks for being a guest designer at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Gracie, both of your cards are jaw-dropping gorgeous!! I love the layers and designs!! The embossed sentiments look amazing!! And the dies you used are fabulous!! Love, love these!! You've showcased the stamp set to perfection!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie, your cards are so BEAUTIFUL! The intricate details are so pretty and the embossed sentiments look amazing!
    Gorgeous cards!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Such gorgeous cards! Awesome job & Congrats on your GDS over at MCS!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards but think I like the lamp post with the clock the best. You are such an artist. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie.... beautiful as always and thank you for joining us over at HIMCR... Like how you incorporated the clock with the lamp very smart...and creative.
    Lisa
    Ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Gracie, both cards are gorgeous! I love the second one with the lamp post so many wonderful details. Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Season's Givings Blog Hop + Blog Anniversary = Over $150 in prizes!

 GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Please check winners' list on the top "free content" tab HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope each of you feel blessed like I do today. I thank God for giving me the chance to begin a new year surrounded by my beautiful family, and I also thank him for this blog that has become a window through which I can share, give and receive every single day! I am thankful for each of you, for your words of encouragement and love! And since I am so very thankful, today I have one massive blog candy, like I have never given away before! This month is so relevant to me, since it's my blog's anniversary! I decided to combine the AMAZING Season's Givings Blog Hop with the anniversary, because this blog hop influenced me in great part to open my blog. I think it was the final dose of inspiration I needed to finally jump into what was a so very new experience to me! I rejoice when I think about all the blessings I've received thanks to this blog hop and my ...

Season's Givings Blog Hop & Blog Anniversary
Over $200 in prizes!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! A new year is the promise to all of what you've been wishing for or to just continue to enjoy the simple pleasures in life that make all of our effort and hard work be worthwhile. I wish you all the best as this new year begins! Open your heart to all the possibilities and have faith... Endure and you will succeed! Today I have 2 awesome reasons to celebrate! First, I'm excited to be joining the Season's Givings Blog Hop! And also, this month I celebrate my blog anniversary! So I decided to fuse both giveaways and create a massive blog candy with the help of some wonderful friends in the industry! One lucky winner will receive a heavenly collection of crafty goodies! International followers are welcome to participate! Here is what YOU could win: My complete stamp collection (a total of 13 stamp kits!) kindly sponsored by Unity Stamp Co. A Memory Box or Poppystamps die  of your choice from  StarlitStudio ! A $20 gift certificate...