Skip to main content

Rustic Poinsettia Tag

Today I want to share a tag I made for this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such: Christmas Tags.

I used a lovely pre-printed tag from Fancy Pants Designs' Burlaps and Bouquets collection. I picked the burned red and beige from the tag and added green as a third color, to create a nice, earthy combination. I used beige cardstock for the die cuts entirely and colored them with ink afterwards, that way I could have a hint of beige everywhere.


Main Supplies
Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia
Spellbinders New Fancy Label Tags One
Mini Ink Blending Tool
1/2" Scor-Tape 
Baby Pearls - LeCreme 

I die cut two small poinsettias, and cut some petals from a smaller flower for the leaves too, since the original leaf die was too large to fit the small tag. I colored the poinsettias with Barn Door distress ink and the leaves with Peeled Paint distress ink.

I die cut two coordinating labels with the new Spellbinders Fancy Label Tags One. I stenciled the labels with Peeled Paint distress ink, but I applied much less ink to the smaller one. Finally I stamped a sentiment from the new Our Daily Bread Designs' Silk Stars stamp set using Crafter's Ink in Bark. Half a dozen Baby Pearls finished the design, giving the flowers a delicate touch to contrast their rustic look!

I love how the tag turned out. It will certainly be added to a Christmas gift this year!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my little tag! Check out the supplies used on Classy Cards 'n Such store. I also invite you to browse the new products added recently and the clearance section for some great deals! If you missed our recent Black Friday sale, no worries... Use my code Gracie-10 so you can get 10% off your entire order, clearance products included! How about that?

Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time!

I'd like to submit my tag to:
Hiding in my Craft Room - Freestyle



Comments

  1. Hi Gracie! Just wanted to pop in and say hello, hope all your festive preparations are going well! I love your gorgeous tag, the colours are so soft and warm, perfect for a cold winter's day! Until next time, big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gracie, that is beautiful. Gorgeous combination of colors. It gives me some ideas, but I am so busy I hope I can remember it to use. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us over HIMCR this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Season's Givings Blog Hop + Blog Anniversary = Over $150 in prizes!

 GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Please check winners' list on the top "free content" tab HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope each of you feel blessed like I do today. I thank God for giving me the chance to begin a new year surrounded by my beautiful family, and I also thank him for this blog that has become a window through which I can share, give and receive every single day! I am thankful for each of you, for your words of encouragement and love! And since I am so very thankful, today I have one massive blog candy, like I have never given away before! This month is so relevant to me, since it's my blog's anniversary! I decided to combine the AMAZING Season's Givings Blog Hop with the anniversary, because this blog hop influenced me in great part to open my blog. I think it was the final dose of inspiration I needed to finally jump into what was a so very new experience to me! I rejoice when I think about all the blessings I've received thanks to this blog hop and my ...

Season's Givings Blog Hop & Blog Anniversary
Over $200 in prizes!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! A new year is the promise to all of what you've been wishing for or to just continue to enjoy the simple pleasures in life that make all of our effort and hard work be worthwhile. I wish you all the best as this new year begins! Open your heart to all the possibilities and have faith... Endure and you will succeed! Today I have 2 awesome reasons to celebrate! First, I'm excited to be joining the Season's Givings Blog Hop! And also, this month I celebrate my blog anniversary! So I decided to fuse both giveaways and create a massive blog candy with the help of some wonderful friends in the industry! One lucky winner will receive a heavenly collection of crafty goodies! International followers are welcome to participate! Here is what YOU could win: My complete stamp collection (a total of 13 stamp kits!) kindly sponsored by Unity Stamp Co. A Memory Box or Poppystamps die  of your choice from  StarlitStudio ! A $20 gift certificate...