Skip to main content

Faux Watercolor Blossoms


Hello! Once again I'm here posting a new little project. I feel inspired this week! This time I have a frame that was created to fit this week's Flourishes and Our Daily Bread challenges.

I wanted to stamp and color on vellum (with Spectrum Noir markers), and the result was an image with watercolor effect. This is great! So I layered it over a beige paper and framed it with Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles.

The images and sentiment are from Flourishes Cherry Blossom stamp set. This time I colored them in red, because this stamp in particular looks more like a rose, I thought it could work... 

This is a lovely vintage detail to keep on one's desk as a reminder or simply as an inspiration piece. Let me know what you think of it.

Recipe:
Love sentiment
Ornate Frame
Verse, Vellum
Embossed sentiment

Our Daily Bread Blog

Flourishes

A Touch of Red
Cuttlebug Mania

Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge Blog

Inspiration Challenge 
The Pink Elephant Blog

Note: If you want to try this, make sure you blend the colors well with the lightest shade marker to get even better results on the faux watercolor effect.
 

Comments

  1. How stunning Graciellie! Love the bold red w/the embossed gold verse! Your coloring on vellum does look like watercolor! Quite beautiful! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, this is beautiful! I love the soft look of the vellum and the embossed sentiment looks fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card!! I love the vellum, the beautifully colored flowers and the embossed sentiment!! It is framed to perfection!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl thanks so much for having me. I appreciate your visit, and your compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, I'm glad you liked it. Thanks so much for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with our Touch of Red challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning!!!! I love the vellum and gorgeous flowers, ribbon, and die cut frame! Thanks so much for playing along in the ODBD challenge this week! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kerry, it's my first at Cuttlebug Mania. Thanks for having me and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angella thank you so much for your visit! I'm glad you liked it! Blessings to you to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Graciellie, your card is absolutely stunning! I LOVE the rich, red die and the ribbon that really highlight your beautiful flowers! And I especially love the Scripture verse! Your LOVE recipe is perfect! I'm so glad you've joined us again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs, precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, TY you're so very kind. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the soft effect of your stamping on vellum. . Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh this is stunning, love the fabulous coloring and the beautiful design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holly, I really appreciate your kind words! Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning design! Love the pretty red flowers and die cut. We sure are happy to have you join us this week at Loves Rubber Stamps. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW this is stunning too. Sadly because your cards were posted before the challenge on MAWTT began (Feb 6th) we cant enter them into the Top 3 Draw. Thanks for sharing them though, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Graciellie! This is a stunner of a card. Your colouring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Season's Givings Blog Hop + Blog Anniversary = Over $150 in prizes!

 GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Please check winners' list on the top "free content" tab HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope each of you feel blessed like I do today. I thank God for giving me the chance to begin a new year surrounded by my beautiful family, and I also thank him for this blog that has become a window through which I can share, give and receive every single day! I am thankful for each of you, for your words of encouragement and love! And since I am so very thankful, today I have one massive blog candy, like I have never given away before! This month is so relevant to me, since it's my blog's anniversary! I decided to combine the AMAZING Season's Givings Blog Hop with the anniversary, because this blog hop influenced me in great part to open my blog. I think it was the final dose of inspiration I needed to finally jump into what was a so very new experience to me! I rejoice when I think about all the blessings I've received thanks to this blog hop and my ...

Season's Givings Blog Hop & Blog Anniversary
Over $200 in prizes!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! A new year is the promise to all of what you've been wishing for or to just continue to enjoy the simple pleasures in life that make all of our effort and hard work be worthwhile. I wish you all the best as this new year begins! Open your heart to all the possibilities and have faith... Endure and you will succeed! Today I have 2 awesome reasons to celebrate! First, I'm excited to be joining the Season's Givings Blog Hop! And also, this month I celebrate my blog anniversary! So I decided to fuse both giveaways and create a massive blog candy with the help of some wonderful friends in the industry! One lucky winner will receive a heavenly collection of crafty goodies! International followers are welcome to participate! Here is what YOU could win: My complete stamp collection (a total of 13 stamp kits!) kindly sponsored by Unity Stamp Co. A Memory Box or Poppystamps die  of your choice from  StarlitStudio ! A $20 gift certificate...